Mountain Top Life daily devotional by Pastor D.K Olukoya of the Mountain of Fire Ministry. Start your day right with God and experience a Life-changing encounter with the God that answers by fire.
The Topic of Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional for 6th December 2023 Is ”Essential Ingredients for Effective Leadership (iii)”
Memory Verse: Exodus 7:6
And Moses and Aaron did as the LORD commanded them, so did they.
Motivational Quote: Communication to a relationship is what oxygen is to life. Without it, it dies.
Prophetic word for today
The Lord will make you an effective communicator and a successful leader, in the name of Jesus.
Fire Scripture Exodus 3:16-22
16 Go and gather the elders of Israel together, and say to them, ‘The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared to me, saying, “I have surely visited you and seen what is done to you in Egypt; 17 and I have said I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt to the land of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, to a land flowing with milk and honey.” ’ 18 Then they will heed your voice; and you shall come, you and the elders of Israel, to the king of Egypt; and you shall say to him, ‘The Lord God of the Hebrews has met with us; and now, please, let us go three days’ journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the Lord our God.’ 19 But I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not even by a mighty hand. 20 So I will stretch out My hand and strike Egypt with all My wonders which I will do in its midst; and after that he will let you go. 21 And I will give this people favor in the sight of the Egyptians; and it shall be, when you go, that you shall not go empty-handed. 22 But every woman shall ask of her neighbor, namely, of her who dwells near her house, articles of silver, articles of gold, and clothing; and you shall put them on your sons and on your daughters. So you shall plunder the Egyptians.”
Praise & Worship
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Joel 2 – 3; Hebrew 5 – 6
The second important ingredient of leadership is communication. Once a vision has been received from God, it is of extreme importance that it be properly communicated. It is therefore necessary that every leader learns the art of communication and effectively use it.
Effective communication is essential in starting, ciling and succeeding in marriage relationships, family relationship, team relationships, church relationships, an army, a factory, a school, in flying an aircraft and in running a nation. Any of these relationships will breakdown or malfunction if communication breaks down. Through effective communication, a leader will help members of his team to clearly understand specific task given to them and be able to complete it.
To achieve this, the leader must
(1) Be sure about what he wants to communicate
(2) Be familiar with the people he is to communicate
(3) Gain their full attention by focussing on the things that interest them.
(4) Keep the message as simple as possible.
(5) Encourage them to write down or record the message so they can revise it again and again.
(6) Ask for feedback and questions from them. This will help to reinforce clarity.
(7) Encourage them to apply the communication.
This will enable them to understand and remember it
Beloved, great Bible leaders like Joseph, Moses, David, Nehemiah and the apostles succeeded simply because they were effective communicators of God’s vision. With clarity. Joseph told Pharaoh and the whole of Egypt what Jehovah wanted them to do during the seven years of plenty and seven years of scarcity.
They obeyed and survived the global season of intense famine. Similarly. Moses communicated the vision and mandate of Jehovah to his people, their obedience led to their dramatic and miraculous deliverance. Joshua successfully led the Israelites to the Promised Land because he effectively communicated God’s vision and strategies to them. After his encounter with the Captain of the Lord’s hosts, Joshua shared the strategies for their victory with the priests and other Israelites. They implemented the strategy and the walls of Jericho fell down flat!
Beloved, if you want to be a quintessential leader in the spiritual and secular areas of life, you must be able to effectively communicate the vision God has given you to other people.
1. Father, make me an effective and quintessential leader, in the name of Jesus.
2. Father, raise me as an exemplary leader, in these last days, in the name of Jesus.
3. Father, make me a positive influence on all my followers, in the name of Jesus.
4. I overcome the spirit of error, by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
5. I shall not fall from grace to grass, in the name of Jesus.
6. The anointing of a selfless and visionary leader, fall upon me, in the name of Jesus.
7. Holy Spirit, be my Helper and make me to succeed in all my leadership assignments, in the name of Jesus.