PRAYERS FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER 2022.
The 10th month of the year is here; yay! 2 more months and we’re done with 2022. But just beyond the excitement, this understanding will save us a great deal: 3 months is a long time to be careless, and so you should loose your grip on prayers just yet. This post contains prayer points that will move your life further and secure your safety for the rest of the year.
Thanksgiving – The Best Way To Begin
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,
and into his courts with praise:
be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting;
and his truth endureth to all generations. Psalms 100:4-5
Regardless of your personal sentiments or what your current situation is, the psalmist implores you to drop them outside the door and enter into His gates with thanksgiving. And why? Because things aren’t indeed as bad you have judged them to be. On the flip side of that is this salient fact that they could have been much worse. Yet, in the midst of it all, you still keep reaping of the matchless abundance of the fruits of His matchless mercy and grace. These are a few things to be thankful for:
- The fiery darts of the enemy that couldn’t find their ways to you,
- The several deliverances that God wrought on your behalf behind your back,
- The little helps and miracles that you receive daily from people around you,
- The fact that you have loving and lovely people in your life,
- The air you breathe and the roof under which you live,
- The peace in your state and country; and I could continue.
What To Pray For In The Month Of October
Pray without ceasing.
1 Thessalonians 5:17
Thinking of what things to pray for in this new month, I have gathered a number of suggestions that are crucial to the smooth sailing of your life, family, and destiny:
Prayers for Peace and Rest in October 2022
This world is increasingly becoming more dangerous to live in. There’s hardly anything good that meets the eyes and ears when you turn on the TV or tune your radio. However, God promised us in His word to keep us in perfect peace:
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
Isaiah 26:3 (ESV)
- Dear God, I pray that You uphold this word over me, my friends and family.
- Deliver us from circumstances that would threaten or disrupt our peace.
- Grant me rest over everything troubling my heart. (You can go ahead to name those things)
Prayers for Making Right Decisions in October 2022
Everyday decisions come at us, some easy, others hard, yet some can change the landscape of our lives, make or mar us. However, there is a unique provision that is made for our decision-making endeavors:
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints
- Dear God, I pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened so I don’t make the decisions that will mar me.
- In my decision-making, Oh Lord, help me think beyond the moment and see beyond the day.
- Help me to make favorable decisions for myself and family in this month of October and beyond.
Prayers for Help in October 2022
In one way or the other, we all need help. The actual truth of our lives is that none of us can live their lives or achieve their goals all alone. Even if we try, we will come out of such endeavor sapped and used up. Our destinies need to be helped if we will live fulfilling lives. And this is an important subject to raise prayers around.
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills,
from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the LORD,
which made heaven and earth. Psalms 121:1-2
- Heavenly Father, I know that vain is the help of man. So I look to You this morning, help my life both in the areas I have come to realize I need help and the ones I haven’t just yet.
- Since You hold the key to the heart of all men, Dear God, mobilize men to favor and help me.
- I entreat You today dear Lord that in Your infinite mercy, you alleviate all of my worries in ways that’ll exalt You and surprise me.
Prayers for Steadfastness in October 2022
Praying to God is one thing, remaining steadfast to receive answers to those prayers is entirely another. The sad reality of our lives is that while we expend a lot of energies in praying, we get careless and loose our hold on God, expecting that He has to answer our prayers anyway.
However, praying to God can sometimes be likened to the scenario between a laborer who after putting in an amazing shift at work leaves before the payment hour. Steadfastness is key in receiving answers to all our prayers, for which reason we will be wrapping up the prayers for the month around it.
- God, I know I am fickle and frail, but then I pray that You grant me the grace to be consistent and steadfast in all of my ways.
- In the name of Jesus, I ask for the strength and the space to appear before You everyday as this new month unfolds.
- Revive my walk with You Lord, and rescue me from slinking back into being lukewarm