Open Heavens for Teens daily devotional by Pastor Adeboye is here. The RCCG Open Heavens For Teen is published to transform & connect teens to Christ. Read and share with someone.
The Topic of Teenagers Open Heavens for 16th August 2022 Is “THE UNCHANGING GOD”
Read: HEBREWS 1:8-12
8. But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10. And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11. They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
12. And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
Memorise: Hebrews 1:12
And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
In Matthew 26:36-46, Jesus separated Himself from His disciples in the Garden of Gethsemane to seek Gods face concerning His death on the cross. He prayed hard until His physical strength gave way to supernatural strength. In fact, He groaned in prayers until His sweat became as thick as blood. He repeated the same prayer request three times, yet God did not change His mind.
From this, we can learn that no amount of prayer can cause God to negate His plans or purpose for your life. Rather than wasting your time and effort praying that God will change His word, ask to know His will and request for the special grace to align with it.
I remember Mummy G.O. and I fasted and prayed for 14 days, requesting that God would change His mind from choosing us to become pastors, not to talk of General Overseer, but God didn’t answer. Malachi 3:6 says: “For I am the LORD, I change not…”
God’s personality and His words cannot change. However, He may decide to change a situation as He deems fit. Has God promised you something? Keep trusting in Him, praise Him, fellowship more with Him, study His word and remain steadfast in faith.
As long as God cannot change, all will be well with you.
O WORSHIP THE KING
1. O worship the King all glorious above,
O gratefully sing His power and His love:
our Shield and Defender, the
Ancient of Days,
pavilioned in splendour and girded
2. O tell of His might, O sing of His grace,
whose robe is the light, whose
His chariots of wrath the deep
and dark is His path on the wings of
3. Thy bountiful care, what tongue can
It breathes in the air, it shines in the
It streams from the hills, it descends
to the plain,
and sweetly distils in the dew and
4. Frail children of dust, and feeble as
in Thee do we trust, nor find Thee to
Your mercies, how tender, how firm
to the end,
our Maker, Defender, Redeemer,
5. O measureless Might, ineffable Love,
While angels delight to hymn Thee above!
The humbler creation, though
feeble their lays,
with true adoration shall lisp to Thy praise!
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: ROMANS 15:1-33, PSALMS 105-106
Teens Open Heavens is written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye and Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye., the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical Churches in the world, and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries