Daily Manna devotional by Pastor Kumuyi of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry for today is here. Digest the word of the lord and pray believing.
TOPIC OF DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR 2ND FEBRUARY IS “THE VITAL QUESTION.”
TEXT: Revelation 20:7-15
7. And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8. And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle; the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city; and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them; and they were judged every man according to their works.
14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
KEY VERSE: (Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
The town crier had gone round the entire village telling the people to gather at the village square from where they would proceed to the airport to welcome the king’s son who was arriving from the United States of America after many years of studies.
There were lots of merriment, music and dancing. On getting to the airport, they were surprised to see the king’s son disembark with handcuffed hands. He was led by men of the National Drugs Agency who took him to their waiting vehicle, without a word to the waiting parents and king’s men. He had come back after many years not as a doctor but as a drug peddler. He ended badly as he was to face prosecution in his own country.
John the beloved described the eventual fate of those who reject Jesus at the Great White Throne Judgment. The fact that heaven and earth fled away from God’s presence shows that it was no longer a mercy seat. He saw great men and women throughout history stand as God judged them according to their works. It was so terrifying that anyone whose name was not found in the Book of life was cast into the lake of fire where they would spend their eternity with Satan and all the fallen angels.
You must ask yourself one vital question: “Where will I spend eternity?” A lot people spend their lives on earth as if there were no eternity. They reject Jesus and live the way they please. Such lifestyle is risky because all who have existed from the beginning of the world to the end must be judged and will live forever hereafter.
The scene described in this passage is the second death. It is not for true believers, but for the devil, the beast and false prophets. However, those who refuse to repent and believe in Jesus will join them. Believers should daily examine themselves to ensure they are still in the faith.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Where will you spend your eternity?
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 10-11
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More...
Usage Right: The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please CLICK HERE to contact us to file a complaint. Please provide proofs of ownership and reasons for actions to be taken in your message
Featured Daily Devotional Open Heavens • Rhapsody of Realities • Daily Manna • MFM Devotional • Joyce Meyer Devotional • Trem Devotional • Winners' Chapel Covenant Hour Of Prayer with Bishop Oyedepo