RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL 5TH APRIL 2020 LESSON 31 – CHILD TRAINING
RCCG Sunday School manual is used in Sunday School Classes in the RCCG. In This post, you will see:
- Memory Verse For RCCG Sunday School Teacher’s Manual For Sunday, 5TH April 2020.
- Bible Passage/Scripture References for RCCG Sunday School Teacher’s Manual For 5TH April 2020.
- Lesson Outlines, Questions RCCG Sunday School Teacher’s Manual For Sunday 5th April 2020.
- Hymns for the RCCG Sunday School Teacher’s Manual For Sunday, 5th April 2020.
MEMORY VERSE: Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
BIBLE PASSAGE: Genesis 18:18-19 KJV
18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
The Bible tells us that children are a reward from God (Psalm 127:3). Raising and training a child within the context of Proverbs 22:6 means that it beings with the Bible. This is because ‘All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for in righteousness’ (2Timothy 3:16).
God testified of Abraham, that he would train his children in the way of the Lord (Genesis 18:19). Lois and Eunice also trained Timothy (2Timothy 1:5). Training must begin as soon as a child recognises gestures or responds to communication. Therefore, parent, guardians or care-givers must train up children appropriately.
- WHAT ARE WE TO TEACH CHILDREN AND HOW?
- REASONS FOR CHILD TRAINING
1. WHAT ARE WE TO TEACH CHILDREN AND HOW?
Children should be taught morals and good attitudes (Proverbs 1:8-15); respect for rules, authority, elders and order (1 Peter 2:13). Spiritual discipline (reading/studying the Bible, praying, fasting, worshiping and attending Church programmes) should be emphasised (Joshua 1:8; Hebrews 10:25). Children should be nurtured with the word of God (Ephesians 6:4) and trained to live righteously in the fear of God (Proverbs 8:13; 9:10). They should be trained to work diligently in order to forestall laziness (Proverbs 6:6-11; 22:29) and to serve/glorify God with their talents/gifts as well as their resources (1 Samuel 2:18; John 6:9)
Parents and other care-givers should pray daily for their children (1 Thess. 5:17), discipline them with love (Proverbs 3:12; Proverbs 29:17; Proverbs 13:24), handle them with wisdom, spend quality time with them and treat them with dignity and courtesy (Ephesians 6:4). The home and family should be the centre of a child’s happiness (Psalm 128:1-6).
2. REASONS FOR CHILD TRAINING
The reasons for and benefits of child training are numerous. They include:
- The need for children to recognise and obey God’s command’s (Deuteronomy 6:7-9).
- To live safely in the world and enjoy the blessings of God (Lev. 25:18; Deuteronomy 12:28; 30:16).
- To please God and live victoriously (Proverbs 16:7).
- To acquire necessary skills and knowledge for success in life (1Samuel 16:17-18; Daniel 1:4, 17).
- To give the parents, guardians and care-givers rest peace (Proverbs 29:17) and respect (Hebrews 12:9).
- To thoroughly equip them to do good works (2Timothy 3:17).
To prepare for the future (Eccl.12:1); make them fit well into the Society and stand in the defence of faith (1Peter 3:15).
Parents, guardians and care-givers must teach, discipline and love their children. Children are precious to God and must be well taken care of (Psalm 127:3).
- Mention the various things parents must teach their children.
- Mention a Bible passage that supports child’s discipline.
ASSIGNMENT: Find out five societal woes that are traceable to lack of child training.
NOTE » Kindly, purchase your own hard copy or online version of the RCCG Sunday School manual at any RCCG church around you or any accredited Christian bookstore. Remember to buy for your friends too, as a potent evangelism tool. God bless you, as you sow, into Pastor E.A. Adeboye’s book Ministry, in Jesus name.
Usage Right: The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please CLICK HERE to contact us to file a complaint. Please provide proofs of ownership and reasons for actions to be taken in your message
Featured Daily Devotional Open Heavens • Rhapsody of Realities • Daily Manna • MFM Devotional • Joyce Meyer Devotional • Trem Devotional • Winners' Chapel Covenant Hour Of Prayer with Bishop Oyedepo