Our Daily Manna daily devotional by Bishop Dr. Chris Kwakpovwe for today is here. Digest the word of the lord and pray believing in his promises.
TOPIC OF OUR DAILY MANNA FOR TUESDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER IS “THE SOLOMON UNIVERSITY: THE FINAL CONCLUSION!
Basic Scripture: Ecclesiastes 11: 1-10
The Holy Ghost in this edition has been REMINDING a user of this devotional about the fact that the BEGINNING IS THE END AND THE END IS THE BEGINNING! The summary is in the six-letter word: ”VANITY.” I welcome you again to the “SOLOMON UNIVERSITY OF WISDOM” with the Holy Ghost as the Pro Chancellor!
In THIS BOOK of Ecclesiastes, Solomon presents four pictures of life and attaches to each picture a practical admonition for his readers to heed:
1. Life is an ADVENTURE- live by faith! – Ecc 4:1-5:9
2. Life is a GIFT-enjoy it! – Ecc 11: 1-6
3. Life is a SCHOOL-learn your lessons! – Ecc 11: 7-9
4. Life is a STEWARDSHIP-fear God! Ecc 12: 9-12
These four pictures present a parallel to the four arguments that Solomon had wrestled with throughout the book: Life is life[not monotonous; rather, it is an adventure of faith that is anything but predictable or tedious. Yes, death is certain, but life is a gift from God and He wants us to enjoy it. Are there questions we can’t answer and problems we can’t solve? Don’t despair.
God teaches us His truth as we advance in “the school of life,” and He will give us wisdom enough to make sensible decisions. Finally, as far as wealth is concerned, the whole of life is a stewardship from God; and one day He will call us to give an account. Therefore, “fear God, and keep His commandments” – Ecc 12: 13-14. Never forget: ALL WEALTH IS A STEWARDSHIP FROM GOD!
Here we have practical advice about life from one of the wisest, richest, and most powerful men that ever lived. His insight about life, money, values, and ordering one’s personal priorities are priceless: this is a rewarding guidebook to the reader who looks behind the initial impressions to find the wisdom this remarkable man gleaned from his unique career.
Always remember Life makes sense! There is a purpose! What comes EASY won’t last long! What lasts long won’t come EASY! Hold on and hold out! Heaven at last!
Take Song 1: What a friend…
- In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
- Thank you LORD for reminding me that LIFE IS A VANITY CYCLE!
- Lord, teach me to number my days, to enable me apply my heart to WISDOM! Pray about today seriously!
- Forgive anyone that has hurt you now! Clean up any SECRET SIN now! I refuse to WORRY! I reject ANXIETY! I refuse DEPRESSION in Jesus name!