Our Daily Manna daily devotional by Bishop Dr. Chris Kwakpovwe for today is here. Digest the word of the lord and pray believing in his promises.
TOPIC OF OUR DAILY MANNA FOR THURSDAY 22ND AUGUST IS “THE BILLIONAIRES’ MEETING OF 1923!!”
Basic Scripture: Psalm 73:1-22
I am led to remind you about the famous 1923 Edgewater Beach Hotel meeting which took place in Chicago. It was a meeting of some of the world’s most powerful billionaires. The roll call was intimidating: Charles Schwab-president of the largest independent steel company: Rich Whitney – president of the New York Stock Exchange; Albert Fall – member of the US president’s cabinet; Arthur Cotten – the greatest wheat speculator; Jesse Livermore – the greatest bear (a person who sells shares) on Wall Street: Leon Fraser – head of the world’s greatest Monopoly; Samuel Insull – president of the largest gas company
Collectively, they controlled more than all the wealth in the US Treasury then. Now, the Holy Ghost’s search light in today’s devotional is on the bitter/frustrating end of these “rich gurus and the devotional messages are:
(1) Becoming rich and famous does not guarantee contentment!
(2) Success is not money! (3) Since we cannot get what we like, let us like what we get! In this second half of 2019. consider the end of all the powerful men listed above:
After living on borrowed money for the last five years of his life, Mr. Schwab died penniless; Samuel Insull too died a destitute, a fugitive from justice and in a foreign country. He ended up with insanity.
Mr. Cotten, despite his vast wealth from wheat, died penniless and outside his country. Richard Whitney and Albert Fall ended up in prison; lastly, Livermore and Fraser committed suicide! Oh truly, there is ho fire like passion and there is no torrent like greed! Why are you envying others, pitying yourself or blaming God’? David made the same mistake till God showed him the end of the wicked (Psalm 73: 17).
A wealthy lawyer once said he would gladly trade everything he had for a change in the behavior of his sons. Is it not true that there are blessings money cannot buy? In this second half of the year, thank God for where you are and you will get to where you should be!
PRAYER POINTS: Take your best worship song to God.
- Thank God for the Word and pray on it as led now.
- Lord, baptize my destiny with Your holy fire in Jesus name.
- I command any unholy desire in me that will destroy my destiny and future to die now in Jesus name.
- Still pray about this second half of 2019 as led.
- Worship the Lord again for His many blessings which money cannot buy. Bind depression, sorrow and self-pity.
- Pray about today now. Pray the morning, afternoon and evening devotional prayers.
THANKS FOR OUR DAILY MANNA FOR TODAY
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL was shared via www.thedevotionals.com.ng
Usage Right: The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please CLICK HERE to contact us to file a complaint. Please provide proofs of ownership and reasons for actions to be taken in your message
Featured Daily Devotional Open Heavens • Rhapsody of Realities • Daily Manna • MFM Devotional • Joyce Meyer Devotional • Trem Devotional • Winners' Chapel Covenant Hour Of Prayer with Bishop Oyedepo