Open Heavens daily devotional by Pastor Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God for today is here. Digest the word of the lord and pray believing.
TOPIC OF OPEN HEAVENS FOR 20TH JANUARY 2020 IS “ CHILDREN OF GOD ARE PEACEMAKERS 1.”
OPEN HEAVEN 20 JANUARY 2020 MEMORISE: Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
READ: MATTHEW 5:39-48 (KJV)
39. But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil; but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
41. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
43. Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45. That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven; for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47. And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48. Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: GENESIS 25-26
OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY
A peacemaker is a person who pursues peace at all times. When the fellow is offended, his response to the offender is to ensure that peace reigns.
Sometimes, they take all the blame and suffer some consequences, but they are happy at the end of the day because all they are after is peace.
Also, when they see other people in a quarrel, they intervene to ensure that they make peace with each other.
God loves these people so much; Jesus specifically said that they will be called the children of God. Of course, they will be called the children of God because Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace.
Now, if the peacemaker is a child of God, then whose child is the troublemaker? When you always choose quarrels over peace, who do you resemble?
A troublemaker may not know it, but he is not a child of God as he does not exhibit the characteristics of God, rather those of the devil.
If whenever you see two people quarrelling, you begin to say things that would fuel the anger of one or the other and cause the quarrel to become more heated, you are a troublemaker.
f you have a reputation of always retaliating against anyone who offends you, you are a troublemaker.
If you are one who likes to cause quarrels amongst your colleagues, friends or family members, then you are a troublemaker; you need to repent and change you ways.
Many times, we want to make peace, but we don’t want to be seen as a weakling. The reverse is however the truth.
It takes strength to control one’s ego, anger and work towards peace. Hence, it is a strong but wise person that will seek peace.
Whenever you’re tempted to fight, remember that unbelievers don’t read the Bible, hence it is we the Christians that model Christ to them.
If you claim that the Prince of Peace lives in you and you are the quarrelsome type, many unbelievers will not want that your ‘Prince of Peace’ to live in them.
Secondly, making peace with others is one of the prerequisites to making it to heaven on the last day. Hebrews 12:14 says:
“Follow peace with all men, and holiness without which no man shall see the Lord.”
OPEN HEAVENS 20TH JANUARY 2020 HYMNAL: HYMN 27 – TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE
1. Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
2. Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3. Take my voice and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
4. Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine:
Take my heart, it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store;
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional Lessons/guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical Churches in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens Devotional is one of the most wildly read devotionals in the world.
It is designed to load you daily with Gods word and keep you inspired, encouraged and uplifted. it includes Open heavens Devotionals, Teens Open heavens Devotionals and many more…. READ MORE
⇒ Please purchase the hard copy of the RCCG Open Heavens at any RCCG church around you or at any authorized Christian bookshop worldwide.
Usage Right: The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please CLICK HERE to contact us to file a complaint. Please provide proofs of ownership and reasons for actions to be taken in your message
Featured Daily Devotional Open Heavens • Rhapsody of Realities • Daily Manna • MFM Devotional • Joyce Meyer Devotional • Trem Devotional • Winners' Chapel Covenant Hour Of Prayer with Bishop Oyedepo