Open Heavens for Teens daily devotional by Pastor Adeboye is here. The RCCG Open Heavens For Teen is published to transform & connect teens to Christ. Read and share with someone.
The Topic of Teenagers Open Heavens for 24th November 2022 Is “HELP FROM ABOVE II”
Read: 2 CHRONICLES 20:14-23
14. Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the LORD in the midst of the congregation;
15. And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s.
16. To morrow go ye down against them: behold, they come up by the cliff of Ziz; and ye shall find them at the end of the brook, before the wilderness of Jeruel.
17. Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.
18. And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD.
19. And the Levites, of the children of the Kohathites, and of the children of the Korhites, stood up to praise the LORD God of Israel with a loud voice on high.
20. And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.
21. And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever.
22. And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
23. For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another.
Memorise: Psalms 72:12
For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper.
There are a lot of lessons to learn from King Jehoshaphat on how to receive help from above. After Jehoshaphat recounted the good things God had done in the past, he asked for help from Him, after which he and his people patiently waited to hear from God who spoke through Jahaziel, the son of Zechariah.
It was through him that the Lord told them where to stay and the battle strategy to use praises. When you pray to God, do you wait to hear from Him? Don’t be like a radio set that only speaks and never gets a response.
Don’t perform prayers like a ritual, see it as a form of communication between you and your Heavenly Father. If Jehoshaphat had not waited to hear from God, the children of Israel would have foolishly gone out against the nations and probably would have been slaughtered mercilessly by the enemies.
Never be in a hurry to leave the presence of God when praying, wait to receive instructions on how to live daily. Thereafter, obey without delay like Jehoshaphat did so that God can continue to speak to you.
Also, obedience to Gods word shows absolute faith and trust in Him. He is easily moved by faith and not tears from His children.
Prayer is not a ritual, it is a means of communication between you and God.
O GOD OUR HELP IN AGES PAST
1. O God, our help in ages past,
our hope for years to come,
our shelter from the stormy blast,
and our eternal home;
2. Under the shadow of Thy throne
Thy saints have dwelt secure.
Sufficient is Thine arm alone,
and our defence is sure.
3. Before the hills in order stood,
or earth received her frame,
from everlasting Thou art God,
to endless years the same.
4. A thousand ages in Thy sight
are like an evening gone,
short as the watch that ends the
night before the rising sun.
5. Time, like an ever-rolling stream,
bears all its sons away.
They fly forgotten, as a dream
dies at the opening day.
6. O God, our help in ages past,
our hope for years to come,
be Thou our guard while troubles last,
and our eternal home.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: 1 PETER 1:1-25 , EZEKIEL 32:1-32 , EZEKIEL 33:1-33
Teens Open Heavens is written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye and Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye., the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical Churches in the world, and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries