Daily Manna devotional by Pastor Kumuyi of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry for today is here. Digest the word of the lord and pray believing.
THE TOPIC OF DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR 30TH JUNE 2020 IS “GOD DESERVES THE BEST.“
KEY VERSE: Leviticus 21:21
”No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God.”
TEXT: Leviticus 21:16-24
16. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
17. Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.
18. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach; a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous,
19. Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded,
20. Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken;
21. No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire; he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God.
22. He shall eat the bread of his God, both of the most holy, and of the holy.
23. Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries; for I the LORD do sanctify them.
24. And Moses told it unto Aaron, and to his sons, and unto all the children of Israel.
DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY
Most times, many people think that those who go into the service of the Lord as pastors, missionaries, etc. are those who do not have the prospect of doing well in other fields or those who have failed either in their careers or businesses.
They think it is a waste of human resources when those who appear to possess great intellectual ability and have the prospect of doing excellently well in other fields devote their whole lives to the ministry.
As we look at the passage, however, the Lord clearly declares that He wants only the best in the work of the ministry. He does not want those who can be described as “left-overs” that have failed to find a place of usefulness in the world to turn to the ministry as a last option. Those who must get into the ministry and those we send to serve the Lord must be people who are bringing their best to His service.
Whether we are getting into the ministry or we are bringing our gifts and offerings to the Lord, we must give Him only our best. It will be offensive to Him and a great insult when we decide to give to Him what we think is no longer useful to us.
Other times, some people ignore the call of the Lord to the ministry and only respond when they have satisfied themselves in their chosen career and have now retired. God does not want your “left-over”; He wants your best.
Don’t wait until you have used up your best. Remember, God’s service is the highest and most sublime kind of service a mortal has the privilege of getting into; it therefore deserves nothing but the very best.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Give of your best to the Master, nothing else is worth His love!
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Kings 1-2
Usage Right: The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please CLICK HERE to contact us to file a complaint. Please provide proofs of ownership and reasons for actions to be taken in your message
Featured Daily Devotional Open Heavens • Rhapsody of Realities • Daily Manna • MFM Devotional • Joyce Meyer Devotional • Trem Devotional • Winners' Chapel Covenant Hour Of Prayer with Bishop Oyedepo