Daily Manna devotional by Pastor Kumuyi of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry for today is here. Digest the word of the lord and pray believing.
TOPIC OF DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR 29 JANUARY 2020 IS “ TRANSFORMING GLIMPSE OF HIS GLORY.”
TEXT: Isaiah 6:1-8
1. In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
2. Above it stood the seraphims; each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
3. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory.
4. And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
5. Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
6. Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar;
7. And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
8. Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
KEY VERSE: Isaiah 6:5
Then said I, Woe is me! For I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
Only July 20, 1969, the first manned spacecraft landed on the moon. It was a thrilling experience both for the three-man crew and the world at large. Overwhelmed by the amazement of it all, Buzz Aldrin, one of the crew members and an elder in a Houston Presbyterian church, right there read from Psalm 8:1,3 in acknowledgement of God’s majestic splendor for the work of His hands in the heavens.
When prophet Isaiah saw the raw glory of God, he was struck with awe and a sense of self-abasement. Note that before then, he was already a fiery prophet in Israel. Moses craved such experience and God granted his request. That encounter so transformed him that his face became too radiant for fellow mortals to withstand.
Peter, James and John witnessed the transfiguration of Christ on a high mountain and were so dazzled by divine glory that Peter expressed their desire to have the experience continue. The event impacted their conviction eternally. In all these cases, the people felt God’s worthiness and their own unworthiness.
No one can rightly perceive the majesty of God and still feel worthy. In most cases, our boasting and bragging are an indication of how distant we are from God and estimation of His glory. Isaiah did not realize that he was “undone” and “a man of unclean lips” until he saw this vision. He needed further cleansing with live coals taken from the altar which was kindled by God Himself. No man-made arrangement or device can deal with the dross in our being than the heaven-sent refiner’s fire. How we need this vital purifying experience!
Pray for the life transforming encounter with God that will make you have a more realistic assessment of your standing with Him and get you adequately purged to be a vessel of honour to Him.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:The closer we get to God, the less we price our own goodness.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:Matthew 1-3
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More...
Usage Right: The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please CLICK HERE to contact us to file a complaint. Please provide proofs of ownership and reasons for actions to be taken in your message
Featured Daily Devotional Open Heavens • Rhapsody of Realities • Daily Manna • MFM Devotional • Joyce Meyer Devotional • Trem Devotional • Winners' Chapel Covenant Hour Of Prayer with Bishop Oyedepo