TOPIC OF DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR 8TH NOVEMBER 2019 IS “UNFAILING CRUSE.”
BIBLE TEXT: 1 Kings 17:8-16
8. And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying,
9. Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there; behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.
10. So he arose and went to Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, behold, the widow woman was there gathering of sticks; and he called to her, and said, Fetch me, I pray thee, a little water in a vessel, that I may drink.
11. And as she was going to fetch it, he called to her, and said, Bring me, I pray thee, a morsel of bread in thine hand.
12. And she said, As the LORD thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse; and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.
13. And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said; but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.
14. For thus saith the LORD God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth.
15. And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah; and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days.
16. And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by Elijah.
KEY VERSE:1 Kings 17:16
And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by Elijah.
DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY
We live in a world where the race for what to eat is now unbecoming. Some people have gone the extra mile to do some dangerous things in order to keep soul, spirit and body together and have soon forgotten that there is One who created time and season and even in the season of famine, makes provision.
The case of this woman is the same with some today except for a difference. The widow of Zarephath came in contact with the national prophet, Elijah. He met her preparing to die because she and her son were ready to eat their last meal and wait for death, there was since no hope of another food. The prophet demanded that she prepare his food first and that singular response of giving and kindness resulted in a season-long divine provision for herself and her family.
The key for your unfailing cruse is your unceasing giving even in times of famine. This is what many people are not willing to hear at all and that’s because they don’t understand the mystery of giving. In this life, there are people who have done very little bit of kindness and have received great amounts of blessing and reward for that seemingly little act. Learn to give, make it part of your life and don’t run away from people who always come to you for help. This is because “…It is more blessed to give than to receive” (Acts 20:35b). Give today and you’ll see your cruse getting wider and deeper.
Do something different from the general norm and you’ll get a blessing greater than the general norm.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Your unceasing giving is directly proportional to your unfailing cruse… Give!
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More...