Daily Manna devotional by Pastor Kumuyi of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry for today is here. Digest the word of the lord and pray believing.
TOPIC OF DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR 14TH FEBRUARY IS “WATCH YOUR TONGUE.”
TEXT: Isaiah 3:1-12
1. For, behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts, doth take away from Jerusalem and from Judah the stay and the staff, the whole stay of bread, and the whole stay of water,
2. The mighty man, and the man of war, the judge, and the prophet, and the prudent, and the ancient,
3. The captain of fifty, and the honourable man, and the counsellor, and the cunning artificer, and the eloquent orator.
4. And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.
5. And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour; the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable.
6. When a man shall take hold of his brother of the house of his father, saying, Thou hast clothing, be thou our ruler, and let this ruin be under thy hand;
7. In that day shall he swear, saying, I will not be an healer; for in my house is neither bread nor clothing; make me not a ruler of the people.
8. For Jerusalem is ruined, and Judah is fallen; because their tongue and their doings are against the LORD, to provoke the eyes of his glory.
9. The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves.
10. Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him; for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
11. Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him; for the reward of his hands shall be given him.
12. As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.
KEY VERSE: Isaiah 3:8
For Jerusalem is ruined, and Judah is fallen: because their tongue and their doings are against the LORD, to provoke the eyes of his glory.
George Jones, a songwriter, said, “You can’t do wrong and get by; no matter how much you may try; Nothing hidden can be, everything he doth see; you can’t do wrong and get by.” The principle of “Cause and Effect” has always been a reality. Those who sow to the wind, always reap the whirlwind. The Bible is replete with the account of individuals who brought curses and punishments to themselves by the wrong use of their tongues.
The children of Israel spent forty years in the wilderness because of their evil doing and unbridled tongue. Also, for careless utterances and rebellion, Korah, Dathan and Abiram were swallowed up as the earth opened its mouth (Numbers 26:10). Michal, David’s wife, remained barren all through her lifetime because she did not use her tongue wisely. DCLM Daily Manna 14 February 2020 Devotional
God’s judgment against such sins did not stop with the Old Testament people. He visited many with His wrath in the New Testament and such punishments are still being meted out to those who tread such pernicious path today. In every dispensation, God has not hidden his displeasure against sin. Believers are warned to refrain from any act that attracts God’s punishment. He is not a respecter of persons. He punishes sin, no matter where it is found.
Believers must be wary of rash criticism that attracts God’s displeasure. While He punishes sinners, He abundantly blesses those who walk in His ways. While He punished Jerusalem and Judah for their disobedience, He said, “Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings” (verse 10). Those who truly obey God in every area of their lives will always receive His best.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: You can’t afford to be a new creature with an old mindset.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Mark 11-13
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More...
Usage Right: The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please CLICK HERE to contact us to file a complaint. Please provide proofs of ownership and reasons for actions to be taken in your message
Featured Daily Devotional Open Heavens • Rhapsody of Realities • Daily Manna • MFM Devotional • Joyce Meyer Devotional • Trem Devotional • Winners' Chapel Covenant Hour Of Prayer with Bishop Oyedepo